Editor's Pick: Melina Match of May 2011
Things you may not have known:
- Melina was wearing her blue attire from her match with Beth Phoenix in 2009 at the Royal Rumble.
- Melina's boot became loose after multiple blows to the head and back with her own foot by Beth Phoenix, after Beth made a cover on Melina and she kicked out her boot fully came off.
- Melina's attire is slightly different from her 2009 attire, she isn't wearing tall black and blue boots instead she's wearing black fluffy ones and she doesn't have her arm covers.
- Beth is a face in this match.
- Melina is a heel in this match.
- An old move returned where Beth lifted Melina above her head and threw her across the ring, unlike 2009 this time she was successful.
- Another old move returned, the leg bend submission, and like 2009 she repeatedly hit Melina on the head and back with her own foot.
- A unique Glam Slam was witnessed in this match, where Melina was lifted up all the way from her splits to a Glam Slam.
- There's argument that if Melina hadn't have lost her boot her kick might've dazed Beth Phoenix for longer and she might have connected with the split kick.
- Beth Phoenix unlike Melina had new attire and wasn't wearing a replica of her attire from 2009.
- Melina was wearing false nails in this match.
- Melina has blue highlights in her black hair in this match.
- One of Melina's false nails got caught in the ropes and came off after delivering a double knee to Beth Phoenix.
- Melina's black knee pads are visible from the see-through parts of her leg attire.
- Melina is wearing silver eye liner.
- Melina is wearing black wrist tape.
- It's now said that Beth Phoenix along with Gail Kim are both now Melina's Rivals.
- When Melina's furry boot was throw out of the ring by the ref it was stolen by a fan. Melina had to buy a new one.
- Beth Phoenix likes fighting Melina because "She's light and easy to throw around..."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.